Mobile nav



Am I eligible to apply for an IAESTE traineeship?

To apply for an IAESTE traineeship you should fulfill the following criteria:

  • You must be a full-time student in Higher Education
  • IAESTE must be represented in the country in which you are studying your degree course (Please check the country list for details)
  • Please note that each country has its own set of application criteria that must be met
  • Your subject studied must be within the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture or Applied Arts

How do I apply?

  • You must apply through IAESTE in your home country
  • Each IAESTE country has its own application deadlines but they are normally within the IAESTE Administrative Calendar
  • Please note that you will only be able to apply for specific traineeships that your home country has available. You will generally not be able to specify your preferred destination or Employer
  • Please do not send CVs to either IAESTE International or to your National Office unless you are asked to do so

Where can I go?

  • Generally you can go to any country where IAESTE is represented, depending on which countries your National Committee has exchanged with

I am not studying in my home country. Where do I apply?

  • In most cases you will apply through the National Office (s) in the country where you are studying. Please contact them for further information

What are the costs involved?

  • All IAESTE trainees generally receive a cost of living allowance that will at least cover food, accommodation and travel to and from work
  • The exact amount is determined by the cost of living in the country and the Employer
  • You will have to pay for your own travel costs to your receiving country and for personal insurance for the duration of the traineeship
  • Most sending countries require you to pay a placement fee. This is determined by the individual Members and Co-operating Institutions

What support will I receive if I am successful in gaining a traineeship?

IAESTE takes care of all communication with the Employer through liaison with the receiving IAESTE country. The receiving IAESTE country will issue the necessary documents for you to obtain a work permit or visa if either is required. They will also arrange accommodation and in most cases, a reception programme.

My country is not a Member or Co-operating Institution. Can I still apply?

No, unfortunately not. In order for you to apply there must be an IAESTE Member or Co-operating Institution in the country where you study.

My study field is not listed. What should I do?

  • Unfortunately IAESTE does not provide traineeships outside of those listed

Is it possible to get financial support for my traineeship?

  • IAESTE does not provide financial support to trainees
  • You may be able to obtain support through your university or professional bodies

Our Partners